SOUTH BANK PARKLANDS CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
South Bank Corporation is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors to South Bank Parklands. For public safety and comfort, the following Conditions of Entry apply.
- South Bank Parklands is open between 5am and midnight
- Conduct causing a public nuisance is not permitted and may result in exclusion in accordance with the South Bank Corporation Act 1992. This includes being drunk or disorderly and creating a disturbance
- Children are to be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times
- All visitors must comply with onsite signage and directions from security officers or lifeguards
- Cyclists, rollerbladers/skateboarders and users of personal mobility devices must limit speed to 10 km/h and comply with all laws
- No skateboarding tricks or activities are permitted
- No audible noise before 7am or after 10pm, Monday to Saturday or before 8am or after 10pm on Sundays.
The following activities are not permitted at South Bank Parklands:
- littering or damaging property
- camping or sleeping
- consumption of alcohol or smoking outside of designated areas
- fishing or swimming in the river, ponds or fountains
- religious or political activities other than as approved
- pegging/staking into lawns
- attaching items to parkland infrastructure or trees
- disposal of ice or hot water on lawns or garden areas
- spruiking, hawking, soliciting and distribution of leaflets
- feeding of wildlife
- erecting portable structures including tents and marquees, except small domed structures as set out below
- use of portable cooking devices/gas stoves or open fires or candles or generators
- high risk activities endangering individuals or parkland visitors
- unauthorised commercial activities.
Use of the Main Lagoon, Beach, Boat Pool and Aqua play/water facilities:
- No animals are permitted in the pool system or adjacent areas, including the stream, beach and boat pool ramp.
- No bomb diving, diving or jumping into the pools.
- No eating or drinking in the pools.
- Small domed shade structures are permitted (no larger than 1m in height) – Structure should be self-supporting - no pegs, or tying to structures/ trees.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times when swimming.
- Infants/toddlers must wear swim nappies.
- Throwing sand or rocks is not permitted.
- The use of metal detectors is not permitted.
Domestic animals in South Bank Parklands:
- Dogs and cats must be on-leash, and under effective control at all times.
Owners are required to:
- clean up after animals, including collecting and disposing of waste in the appropriate waste receptacles
- control dog barking
- exercise due consideration for others, i.e. no anti-social loud behaviour and comply with all signage.
Authorisation is required from South Bank Corporation for the following activities:
- vehicle access to the parklands outside the hours of 5am and 9.30am
- conducting surveys
- selling or promoting goods
- professional filming or photography
- flying of drones
- events and activations
- use of commercial pontoons
- peaceful assembly or procession in accordance with the Peaceful Assembly Act 1992.
- bringing all other animals into the parklands.
CCTV operates throughout the parklands and you may be recorded.
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com